Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Ability to quote or reply to specific users.

• ninjaface
    Participant

@ninjaface

Is that a plugin that is a viable solution to quote replies, or reply to other people who have replied? I am using bbpress 2.1.2, have tried the bbpress quotes but it has not been updated to work properly with this version.

I would think this is a must have for most people using forums, how are you guys implementing this feature with bbpress?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ‘Hierarchical replies’ or ‘Threaded Replies’ depending on what you want to call them are indeed coming to a future version of bbPress. ‘Quoting’ is also on the ‘todo’ list.

Do a search in the plugin repository for it, there was a plugin that added that for bbPress 2.x at one point, however I haven’t personally used it so I can’t say how well it works or if it still runs with 2.2.x.

Edit: nevermind, just go to the part that you tried the plugin. It’s definitely something we would like in core. Ideally someone would write an awesome plugin that does it (correctly) and then it would be eventually folded into core.

zilveer
    Participant

@zilveer

Will the Quote function be included in bbPress v2.3 ?

No, it hasn’t made it for bbPress 2.3, I have not tried them but there are a couple of quotes plugins.

Plugins

zilveer
    Participant

@zilveer

Thanks..

I Thanks, I managed to download one and also develop it further on, maybe I will develop this to the core:)
    regards

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar