Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

a second latest discussion panel

• I have made a second latest discussion panel (in the header of my design), but it is an exact replica of the other latest discussion panel found in the front page. So if I want my new panel to have only 5 latest discussions, I have to also limit the original latest discussion to also have 5 latest discussions via the admin section of the website in the settings page. Also when I click on the next page of the latest discussions, my new panel also shows the next page, instead of showing a constant number of latest topics.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thank in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Yeah, basically the global variable you’re using $forum/$topic/$posts etc. have been codedin such a way that they can only be iterated trhough once.

You’ll need ot make a separat SQL/data call for each bit of info that you need.

Not to sound like an idiot, but how would I do that? Any simple way?

thanks in advance

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

You’re not an idiot mate, but this is where bbPress starts to struggle a bit – especially with no documentation.

You want to make a call to the Database directly via SQL (SQLECT * FROM blah blah blah), but thre is no quick fix. You can use the $bbdb class to connect to the database.

If your’e still struggling, do a hunt for $bbdb with here on google. Remember that search on this site su… has many inbuilt features that are not bugs ;-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar