A plugin for private/locked forums/topics
I have written a plugin that is a rework of _ck_ “Hidden Forums”. The features:
1) Forums/Topics can be hidden for a list of users and/or for all those users that have a particular role.
For example you can hide a staff private forum to all users except administrators or a sticky topic for all guests.
2) Forums/Topics can be locked for a list of users and/or for all those users that have a particular role. A locked forum doesn’t accept new topics. A locked topic doesn’t accept new posts/tags.
It is different from a “closed” topic which is locked for everyone. You can use this feature for a news list post.
3) You can specify super users and super roles that aren’t affected by previous rules.
A good choice is admin and administrators respectively.
4) You can specify custom prefixes for administrators if the forum/topic is hidden/locked.
It is useful to keep track of hidden posts.
5) You can specify replacement strings for the forms that aren’t shown on locked topics/forums.
Something like “sorry but you can’t write new topics”.
6) A fancy admin panel is included.
In the panel you have a list of all forums/topics that are affected by the plugin.
Actually I don’t think that my plugin is ready for a real site (but despite this I use it in a real site). I’m testing it in a sandbox but I need to cover cases in which there are thousand of posts.
The question is: are you interested on testing my work in a sandbox (if you have one)? If the answer is “yes” I can upload the beta on the SVN otherwise I will test it by myself a little more.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.