Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

_CK_ Matter

• I understand that she is annoyed that she didn’t get much support financially in developing all of these plugins but is it professional to not recommend people continue on with BBpress. Can people now use these plugins created and improve upon them so that they are now available in the latest version of BBpress?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can people now use these plugins created and improve upon them so that they are now available in the latest version of BBpress?

Yes, that’s called GPL ;) Just credit her original plugin in your spin-offs and make sure to release them under GPL.

bingsterloot

@bingsterloot

As much as i appreciate all her work, i find it a bit childish the way she took down her site and made a big drama about the leadership o BBPress. But hey, this is now in the past so lets look forward to the upcoming release of BBPress.

I know what you mean but sometimes it takes something drastic to happen for there to be change. I believe this event caused people to wake up. I’m not justifying what _CK_ did nor against it. As someone who gave free time and free advice I’m happy with what we got so far. Most of the plugins works for v1+ even though they don’t say so. Or sometimes in the the forum they will tell you what to do to make it work.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I’m going to close this topic. If you have something to say to _ck_ please contact her directly. Talking about her here does not help. She was not an employee but a volunteer and she has the right to do whatever she wants.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar