Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

500 Internal Server Error on 2.0 Topic Tag page

• honustudios

@honustudios

I’m running the latest dev version of the plugin, version 3476, in hopes that it would have solved my issue, but no luck.

I was getting the error mentioned in this thread http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/tags-archives-page-are-broken-in-bbp-20-rc2-and-rc3#post-90903

I downloaded the branch code after reading the above issue and it’s resolution. Then, I started getting the WordPress “Hands off, partner!” error which is a 500 Internal Server error in Firebug.

Any ideas about what could be causing the page to not display correctly?

Thanks so much for your help and the great plugin.

Bret

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Possibly a tag slug mismatch in Forum -> Settings.

Are you using the forum root slug?

honustudios

@honustudios

For the Forum base I’m using “inside/forums” as it’s designed for logged in users only. Everything else is pretty much default.

The Topics base I left as “topics”. The Topic Tag Slug is “tag”.

The only thing changed besides the Forum base is the Topic slug. I changed that to “forum-topic” because I’m using “topic” for the Tags base in my Permalinks throughout the site.

The URL for the tag that is causing the 500 error is “/inside/forums/tag/announcement/”. “Announcement” obviously being the tag.

I’ve reserved the Permalinks several times, still get the 500 error.

Thanks so much for your help and all your hard work on this plugin, it’s a great one.

Bret

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Is it specific tags that have the problem? Or all tags?

honustudios

@honustudios

It’s all tags, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No worries. Have you updated to RC 4 yet? Does this issue still happen then?

It sounds like either there is a slug collision, or you’re using a custom theme that is missing the template file it’s trying to include.

honustudios

@honustudios

Let me update to RC 4, and double check the other stuff and i’ll report back, thank you for your help John.

honustudios

@honustudios

Doh! it was a missing template file, i’m a dope. That fixed it right up. Thanks again, sorry to have wasted your time, thought i had the template copied up to the server.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Happy it was a simple fix!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar