Categories
Search
Bottom

404 for logged in users (not admin)

• el_ganadores
    Participant

@el_ganadores

Hi!

Logged in users other than a logged in admin are unable to see the forum – they can only see a 404 page. Does anyone have any ideas?

Admins can see the forum fine (and contribute etc) and not logged in visitors can see everything too.

I’ve deactivated all plugins except for bbPress and I’ve also changed themes without success. Any ideas would be really appreciated!

I tried heaps of changes but haven’t been able to sort out my similar problem.

I can access my forum when logged in as the admin, but when someone else is logged in they get a 404. Not logged in users can see the forum.

This means that only the admin and not logged in users can see the forum. Which obviously means that there weren’t be any chatting! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

http://studentview.com.au/forums/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok there are two parameters

wordpress – has subscriber, author, admin etc.
    bbpress has – participant, moderator, keymaster etc.

you’ll see the bbpress roles when you do into

dashboard>settings>users>all users and go into edit users. Look at the bottom of the screen and you’ll see forum role.

If you are manually registering your users, then have set up a user, you’ll need to go back into edit to add the role.

If your users are automatically registered as part of a process, then you’ll need to set Dashboard>settings>forums and change/tick automatically assign users the participant role (if that’s the role you want them to have).

In automatic mode, the user is assigned the bbpress role on first login. However if you are using third party registration processes (eg plugins to do that) then some override that, and that part of the process doesn’t work, so you’ll need to check that rthe process is happening.

Come back if you need further help.

el_ganadores
    Participant

@el_ganadores

Robin – thank you so much! Something so seemingly simple and I didn’t even think of it.

Really appreciate that!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar