Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 error on user profiles

• MeganKakora
    Participant

@megankakora

I’ve searched these forums for days and I can’t seem to find an answer that resolves my issue. I’m using a child theme for Ward (recommended as a bbPress ready WP theme) and everything’s set up great, except the user profiles. All profiles return 404 errors when trying to view, but when I for some reason I can edit the profiles clicking on the WP Toolbar in the very top right corner.

Example: http://aysa.org.za/project2013/index.php/forums/profile/megs/edit

The theme has been set up in a subdirectory of the domain, but this or that I’m using the child theme shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Megan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• MeganKakora
    Participant

@megankakora

Well, since no one replied I played around a bit more, broke the website and then started again and tried something new. This answer is really for peeps who come across the same problem and don’t know what the problem is or how to fix, so I hope this helps.

My problem was the .php structure of my permalinks. Our server is configured in a very stupid way (and unfortunately I can’t change it) so I’ve reverted back to the default permalink settings which doesn’t incorporate .php in the URLs. And now everything works fine.

So, if you have .php in your URL, bbpress user profiles won’t work.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.