Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

403 Forbidden Error w/ bb-login.php

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• alexemilovx

@alexemilovx

CHMOD – /forum/ – 644

CHMOD – bb-login.php – 755

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t think the advice from alexmilovx is very good. A directory without a execute permission won’t be able to be traversed by the software. Normally a directory, like forum, should be 0755 drwxr-xr-x, and php files are normally fine with read and write for the owner and read only for everyone else 0644 -rw-r–r–.

I’m not sure how the advice was relevant to solving this problem, but I don’t think the advice was helpful or accurate in any case.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

ncsilva how about posting a link to your forum?

mattyhockey

@mattyhockey

I’m having this same problem.

This is an integrated BBpress w/ WordPress blog. When you click the “add new” link without being logged in, you are taken to a 403 error message page.

If you are logged in, you’re taken to the correct page.

What could be causing this?

I have been searching now for a few days…

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Matt,

What version of bbPress are you using, what version of WordPress, are you definately 100% not using WPMU or BuddyPress, and are you using default themese ?

Thanks

mattyhockey

@mattyhockey

Very latest version of WordPress and BBpress.

I did not solve the problem, but I did do a work around. I just made an if statement to check if the user is logged in. If they are, display that link. If they aren’t display the same link, but instead take them to the register page. I added a login form to the registration page as well if loginform=on in the address.

So not really sure what else I could do as I have been searching for this one for a few days!

can you please provide the code you used?

I have this exact problem.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar