Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

3 question about bbPress

• Does bbPress also come with a Dutch language file?

It is possible to intergraded the blog in such a way that blog articles are automatically created within the forum?

Is there a admin demo area live online, where the back office functions can be seen?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• amethystdragon

@amethystdragon

I can answer the second question – Yes there is a plugin that will achieve that for you – its called bbPress Post and you can get it from http://dev.mbzeus.net/ – it goes in as a plugin on the WordPress side

Can’t help you with the others though I’m afraid

@amethystdrag

Thank you for helping me. I am stuck between going for phpBB that has all the things I need, plus I have worked for phpBB on another site for 3 years. Or going for bbPress.

ardentfrost

@ardentfrost

bbPress isn’t for someone who wants a program that can do everything including fixing your kitchen sink. It’s for people who want a slim, quick forum software that is highly customizable. You certainly have a good many plugins to choose from already, and the number is constantly getting bigger… for instance bbPress doesn’t come with stuff like private messaging, but you can easily install it using a plugin that some really smart guy created. But then if you feel that PMs aren’t needed in your forum, then you don’t have to install it and that choice causes your forum to stay trim instead of being bloated with features you don’t need.

However, if you feel you need everything packaged with phpBB, I think your choice is already made.

And to answer your questions:

1. I’m not sure, but I do know that a lot of different languages have been added to bbPress… you just have to install the correct files and I’m not exactly sure if there is a repository of them

2. Yes

3. The admin area is very slim with few options. Customization comes from theming and plugins. Plugins have the capability to add options to the admin pages (though none of mine do that yet… it’s on my docket)

@ardentfrost

Thank you. I am going to check the plugins for my needs and just have to find someone to fix my kitchen sink ;)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar