2.1 release date
It’s overdue already. It’ll be ready when it’s ready. We’ll push out some betas before hand.
Are there currently any major issues that make it inappropriate for using in a release environment?
I know it is not recommended, but I’ve been using it for a bit on a release site without any issues and the new features are really nice. Especially the layout changes.
What *are* the new features? Is there somewhere I can see a changelog or anything like that? I’d rather not install it as we have a very active forum but am also very interested to see the changes.
is really the only major ticket for 2.1 for over 5 months now.
Seems BuddyPress integration is proving to be more complex than anticipated
I’m testing 2.1 from SVN and it is working well. I had to fight with the templates and my theme to get it to display properly, but that was an issue with the theme, and not bbPress.
The only “bug” I’ve encountered so far was that wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-theme-compat/css/bbpress.css was loading even if I had a bbpress compatible theme with everything in my child theme and I was loading css/bbpress.css from my theme. So I was loading bbpress css twice.
I put: add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ ); into my functions.php and that stopped. And then I removed the call to css/bbpress.css and instead just integrated into into my style.css which I prefer. When possible I like to combine the css files and reduce http get requests.
Just a note, should be fixed now http://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1849
I saw that today, which was neat. I downloaded a new SVN copy and it is working great.
endearndrew – can you drop a note in the 2.1 topic that this is resolved, and anywhere else you brought it up? Thanks.
Yay! BP 1.6 Beta is out. http://buddypress.org/2012/06/buddypress-1-6-beta-1/
bbp 2.1 Beta can’t be far behind, considering that lots of people have been using 2.1 SVN for a while and the only major pending issue was compatibility with BP 1.6 and that BP 1.6 and bbp 2.1 are supposed to be released at the same time http://buddypress.org/community/groups/installing-buddypress/forum/topic/1-6-timelines/
Also, in bbp Trac, the BP compatibility etc. tickets are closed and only 1 ticket remains
Really? No post on devel yet http://bbpdevel.wordpress.com/
Beta means try it, hope for the best, and sob quietly if it all goes horribly wrong
I’ve been using the development versions for a couple of months now on a release site without any major issues so it should be more or less fine. Not sure whether to risk the BuddyPress beta though and I probably should update both at the same time…
http://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1669 which was the major blocker for 2.1 has actually been punted to 2.2
So the integration originally planned for BP 1.6 / bbp 2.1 is now scheduled for BP 1.7 / bbp 2.2
Of course, a lot of work has already been done in the background.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.