Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.1 Ignoring certain template files?

• Is it just me or is 2.1 ignoring certain template files when using bbPress as a child theme?

To illustrate I added a backtrace to the top of form-topic.php.

When viewing a forum, template file single-forum.php is used as expected (Bottom up #8):

#7  bbp_get_template_part(content, single-forum) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-contentthemesbbp-child-testsingle-forum.php:25]
    #8 include(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-contentthemesbbp-child-testsingle-forum.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-includestemplate-loader.php:43]
    #9 require_once(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-includestemplate-loader.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-blog-header.php:16]
    #10 require(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-blog-header.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comindex.php:17]

But then if you go into a topic and click EDIT, page.php is used to display form-topic.php even though template files single-topic.php and single-topic-edit.php both exist (Bottom up #13):

#12 get_template_part(content, page) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-contentthemestwentyelevenpage.php:22]
    #13 include(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-contentthemestwentyelevenpage.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-includestemplate-loader.php:43]
    #14 require_once(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-includestemplate-loader.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-blog-header.php:16]
    #15 require(C:xampphtdocsdomain.comwp-blog-header.php) called at [C:xampphtdocsdomain.comindex.php:17]

Or am I missing something?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yeah that really doesn’t make sense to me.

Which theme is your _active_ WordPress theme?

I originally noticed this on my own theme which has some homemade plugins and such which I thought might be causing this so to be sure I downloaded 3967 from Trac and put it in a fresh WP3.3 install.

I then copied /bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten into the themes folder and made it a child theme of twentyeleven called bbp-child-test, after activating bbp-child-test the same happened. So to answer your question bbp-child-test is the current active theme.

archive-forum.php
    archive-topic.php
    ALL the page-whatever.php files
    single-forum.php

These are all called by bbp as expected

single-topic-whatever.php
    single-reply-whatever.php
    single-user-whatever.php

These are all ignored in favor of page.php

Adding the following to the child theme’s functions.php or bbpress-functions.php seems to fix this so all template files are used as expected:

remove_filter( 'bbp_template_include', 'bbp_template_include_theme_compat', 4, 2 );

Not sure if this is supposed to be required though.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s a bug. Will look into it.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar