Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.1 auto-embed feature not working?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• jamieskella

@jamieskella

Just to confirm, it does work in WordPress posts and comments.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Looks like it’s an issue with filter priorities. It’s being turned into a link from inside wp_editor() instead of an autoembed. Seems to work if you post a link from the HTML editor. If you can confirm this is true, can you create a bug on trac, and I’ll close this topic?

jamieskella

@jamieskella

HTML editor still returns a link instead of embed. Is there any way I can disable TinyMCE?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Are you running a copy of 2.1 from less than a week ago, there were a few oembed tweaks pushed (namely the setting not saving correctly).

I just tested it using a youtube url in the WYSIWYG and HTML editor and both are rendering the video for me.

jamieskella

@jamieskella

I’m running the plugin branch, 3785, downloaded on Friday the 2nd in Australia (Thursday the 1st in the USA).

I’ll do an upgrade to the latest build and see if that fixes it.

jamieskella

@jamieskella

I’ve just upgraded to 3797 and it’s still not working from the visual nor HTML editor for me.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

What theme are you using? What account are you posting the link from (admin, moderator, etc?)

jamieskella

@jamieskella

I’m posting from an Administrator account. The theme is a modified version of TheSource by ElegantThemes.com – only styles have been modified, though.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

If you are in a development area (eg not a production site) can you breifly switch themes to 2011 and see if it’s still happening? I just want to eliminate the theme being the issue – ElegantThemes does some pretty weird things in their themes.

jamieskella

@jamieskella

I switched to Twenty Eleven and had a look at that thread – it still wasn’t embedded. I did a quick edit of the post to ‘resubmit’ the link, both in HTML and visual, but it remains just a link.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Hmm, I’m out of ideas then. It works on both of my test installs :

jamieskella

@jamieskella

I just can’t grasp why it’s working in WordPress and not bbPress. I’ve disabled the fancy editor and it still doesn’t work.

Any further ideas, jjj?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

jjj may not respond immediate as I know he’s out of town for SXSW right now.

Hi,

Is there any progress on this bug? Seems that it’s still there, I have a very similar “error”, meaning youtube links are not embedded automatically. Version is 2.1-r3822.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar