Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.0 alpha 2: installation final step PHP error

• Hi,

Just one more topic separated from the release topic to make life easier.

Hi,

Installed a zip package of alpha 2 and it went OK and as I couldn’t quite get the logins to work for WP and bbP and tried installing it again.

I saw a few messages about install packages not being complete so I downloaded this second one.

Now when I try to install it, on the final screen it give the following PHP error – but the install seems OK.

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-admin/class-install.php on line 1021

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-admin/class-install.php:1021) in /home/1295/htdocs/www.example.com/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.php on line 2902

I tried a few times but got the same thing, then I comared my first and second packagas and saw that bbpress/bb-admin/class-install.php is very slightl different from line 264

The file in the first package has 2 if statements and the second has 1 if statement as follows:

class-install.php from package 1:

if (!defined(‘BB_INC’)) {

// Define BB_INC

// Tell us to load includes because bb-settings.

php was not loaded

// bb-settings.php is generally not loaded on

steps -1, 0 and 1 but

// there are exceptions, so this is safer than

just reading the step

$this->load_includes = true;

define(‘BB_INC’, ‘bb-includes/’);

}

if (!defined(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’)) {

define(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’, BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘

backpress/’);

}

class-install.php from package 2:

if (!defined(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’)) {

// Define BACKPRESS_PATH

// Tell us to load includes because bb-settings.

php was not loaded

// bb-settings.php is generally not loaded on

steps -1, 0 and 1 but

// there are exceptions, so this is safer than

just reading the step

$this->load_includes = true;

define(‘BACKPRESS_PATH’, BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘

backpress/’);

}

But the weird thing is that when I put back the first class-install.php I still get the error. I’m not too fussed as the install goes OK but it could be quite off putting if users get this PHP error.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I have also had this error.

However when I installed bbPress, the errors we’re occuring because my Site Forum name was James’ Forum the ‘ seems to throw the installer off and cause a error.

However it doesn’t seem to affect the installer completing the installation

My Forum name doesn’t have any apostrophes – on upper and lower case letter and spaces.

So this issue still needs to be resolved if nnly to make the installation a bit more friendlier.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar